Star Crusade: War for the Expanse Unveils New Trailer and Screenshots at GDC 2016
ByDate: Mar 17 2016 Views:
Developed by ZiMAD Games, Star Crusade: War for the Expanse is an online collectible card game (CCG) that puts players in control of one of six powerful factions struggling for power in the far reaches of space. Yesterday at GDC 2016, the game revealed a new trailer, as well as some new screenshots for players to take a glimpse.
Currently in beta on Steam, Star Crusade offers a deep and highly customizable card battle experience with more than 400 playable cards and multiple play modes, including single-player matches and competitive battles – with additional modes and features, such as four-player play and full deck sharing and gifting, coming soon.
- Massive Strategy: Experience endless variety with a massive pool of more than 400 playable cards - complement the strengths of your faction with an array of neutral mercenary cards to build the next killer tournament deck.
- Unique, Asymmetrical Factions: Choose the highly specialized powers of one of six factions - the Annunaki, the Consortium, the Shan'Ti, the Hierarchy, the Hajir-Gog and the Terrans - to build a deck powered by psychic charges or alien mutations – to name just a few of the game's more than 30 special card skills.
- Customize Your Tactics with Modules: This all-new feature offers more than 40 "module" cards that add unique bonuses and skills to your commander to customize your forces and strategy even further.
- Variable Deck Size: Customize your forces further by building a deck with as few as 25 cards or as many as 40 – your choice will not only affect how your deck plays, but your overall survivability.
- Multiple Modes for All Skill Levels: Choose from a variety of modes: single-player practice, head-to-head casual competition, ranked leaderboard play and random-draft raid mode. Complete regular daily event quests for tons of free bonuses – it's completely free to unlock every piece of content in the game.
- Constant Updates: Star Crusade will soon expand with 2v2 cooperative battle modes, social sharing features to let you share deck ideas and even gift card packs to friends.