MMOSite Interview with ArcheAge Lead Producer
ByDate: Oct 22 2014 Views:
MMOsite get an opportunity to have an interview with Trion Worlds on its popular sandbox MMORPG ArcheAge, Lots of gamers have already become a super fan of ArcheAge, so this time, we collected some questions for Trion Worlds from our players. You will get to know more about the future movement and events of the game, and of course things you are intersted in. Now let’s get to the point!
● Hi, would you like to introduce yourself to MMOsite readers?
Hi there, my name is Victoria “FireCait” Voss, and I’m the Lead Producer on ArcheAge here at Trion Worlds. I’ve been playing MMO for many, many years and I’ve fallen in love with ArcheAge. I’m primarily an online gamer as I love having folks around when I’m playing! I love all sorts of gameplay, from farming and crafting, to that crazy run with a ship full of supplies and never knowing when or if you’re going to get jumped!
● ArcheAge is extremely popular here at MMOsite which our readers have voted it as one of the TOP10 MMOs last month. As we know, the game is now officially launched, what brand new features will the players explore in ArcheAge?
We’re looking forward to the content that is coming up in the next few weeks and months. We’re working on some fun things for Halloween and Fall. In addition, we’re going to be opening up Auroria in a few weeks, and players will be able to participate in siege and castles! There’s also a lot of new crafted items that open up with Auroria.
A little further out is an update for level 55, along with additional skills, crafted items and new zones. Beyond that we have Update 1.7 which features customizable boats, new zones, a sea-based arena and a lot of new items for you to make!
We are continuing to work with XLGAMES to create events and items to roll out regularly for all of our players to enjoy!
● Now let’s move to some questions fielded from players within ArcheAge. Besides balance, what all are you looking at doing with the Labor system to help enhance it?
We’re pretty happy with the labor system as it is now. XLGAMES made some changes specifically for the Western market including removing the labor costs for opening quest rewards. These changes have removed the labor costs for questing, so players can choose how they spend their labor. As XLGAMES makes changes to their labor system, we will be evaluating the changes and working with them to make changes as appropriate for the West.
● In your relationship with XL Games and with them being the developers of ArcheAge, what limitations do you have in regards to game changes and direction?
We talk to the teams over at XLGAMES regularly about the state of the game in the West and what change make sense to make for our territory. Decisions are made through a combination of our expertise with Western AAA F2P games and XLGAMES’ experience with ArcheAge in Korea and other territories. Once we, together, come to a decision, XLGAMES takes a look at their current plans and works the changes into their schedule.
● Many players have stated that despite the large number of build options, not many are viable.What are the plans to increase the viability of more builds?
Build viability is really dependant on what you want to do. It’s very common in MMOs that there is one “best” build for a specific thing. The great thing about ArcheAge is that there are a lot of different builds and options! XLGAMES continues to review the effectiveness for different combinations and tweaks them where feasible and needed.
● Is there any plan to add accountability for jurors, in an effort to make the system more realistic?
The jury system is a fun and interesting feature in ArcheAge. Reputation is huge in ArcheAge, and the reputation of both the jury and defendant can be changed by the results of the trial.
The defendant sees their jurors in the trial house, so there is always the chance that the defendant will express their reaction to the sentence in a … more personal fashion. Trial chat is also faction-wide, so everyone else on the faction can also see what the jury and defendant say.
Because of the importance of a person’s, or guild’s, reputation jurors have long term accountability. If you are know for giving people the maximum sentence every time, you might just find yourself on some guilds lists.
● Pirating can lead to the creation of interesting guilds in ArcheAge. Asides from guilds, are there any other social activities for ArcheAge players -- ie. the ability to marry in the game?
ArcheAge has a really interesting concept called “Family.” You can invite your best friends into your family and give them titles within the family. If you like, you can all share a house, farm and storage space in your home. If you’d like to, you can keep your family to just 2, or open it up to more people. Rather than limiting you to the concept of marriage, ArcheAge allows you to build your family however you would like.
● Finally, what would you like to say to MMOsiters?
Thank you all for your amazing, passionate interest in ArcheAge. It’s great to see a game evoke so much passion from its fans!