Words of Wonder Walkthrough, Cheats & Strategy Guide
By liku Date: Oct 29 2013 Views:
Words of Wonder is a word puzzle game created by Disney. In it, you'll find words in a grid of letters, use power-ups to boost your score, and complete a number of objectives. This strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- Words of Wonder is free to play, and can be downloaded by using the “Available On” option at the top of this page.
- When you first open the game, you'll be asked if you would like to receive push notifications. This setting cannot be changed later.
- After making your decision, you'll be prompted to sign in, either by connecting Facebook or creating an account. After that, you'll be brought into the game where the first few levels work as a tutorial.
- The main focus of the gameplay is the word grid. The core of the gameplay resembles a word find puzzle. You’ll press and drag your finger from letter to letter forming words.
- Words can be spelled forward or backward and in any direction, provided that each letter is adjacent to the one before it, including diagonals.
- Each word you form must be at least three letters long, and each letter tile will be destroyed after it is used once. Once tiles are destroyed, the above tiles will fall into the empty space and new tiles will drop from the top of the screen.
- If you create a word of four or more letters, one of the tiles will remain on the board and turn into a bonus letter. These special tiles will help you earn a ton of points in a small amount of time. Tiles that are a solid color will explode upon use and destroy all adjacent tiles. On the other hand, tiles that feature arrows pointing out the sides will destroy the entire line of tiles in the direction the arrows are pointing.
- Long words and bonus tiles are great ways to rack up points. Each stage will grade you between zero and three stars based on how many points you earn. Earning the first star is typically as simple as completing the objective, while the other two stars will require a higher score. To help with this, most rounds end with random tiles becoming bonus spots, then exploding, netting you points for every letter destroyed.
- There are various power-ups that will be unlocked during the course of the game. Some can be set before a level, while others can be used freely during the puzzle. The game does a wonderful job at showing off these power-ups, and as you dig deeper, you’re sure to find something worthwhile.