9 Reasons You Need to be Playing PlanetSide 2
ByDate: May 13 2013 Views:
If you played PlanetSide 2 and quit or just never played it at all, here are 9 reasons why you need to download the game and start playing.
1. Massive Warfare - This has always been the game's biggest draw and continues to be. There's nothing like being a part of a battle with hundreds of other players.
2. Improved distance rendering - If you haven't played in a while, you'll remember distance rendering was a major issue, especially for snipers and pilots. Since launching, the game has made major improvements allowing players to see much farther than before.
3. Faster XP and Cert rewards - With new daily ribbon rewards gaining XP and cert points has never been faster. There's also more bonus XP opportunities based on zone player populations.
4. Tons of customization - There are so many weapons, vehicles, skills, abilities and general cosmetic options to unlock that you'll always feel you're progressing towards something and getting something new.
5. Improved performance - Since launching PS2 has greatly improved it's performance in terms of frame rates. You'll still need a hefty computer in truly massive battles, but a mid-range system will be able to handle just about everything else.
6. Great graphics - I'm running on a mid-range PC setup and even at medium settings the game looks great.
7. Total Mayhem - PlanetSide 2 is a completely different level of mayhem compared to FPS that limit the amount of players on a fixed size map. One minute you might think you're about to successfully defend a base, the next a fleet of tanks rolls in and blast you to hell. You just never know what's going to happen.
8. Freedom - Players get to decide how they want to play the game so you don't always have to be in large scale battles. If you want to roam the lands and pick off stragglers, you can do that. Infiltrate an enemy base, destroy turrets or generators or just run around shooting the place up. Maybe you want to try to take down a small base by yourself or in a small squad. Hell you can even drive around and just try to run people over, it's up to you.
9. It's free! - Being completely free with all classes and vehicles available from the get go, so there's really no excuse why you shouldn't be playing PlanetSide 2 if you're a fan of FPSers.