Guild Wars 2 Interview: New Level Cap, In-Game Trading System
Date: 05-24-2010 Views:
KeyWords: Guild Wars 2,Level Cap,Marketplace,Level Cap
- Summary: They have talked a lot but the most notably content in the interview is Marketplace system for in-game trading instead of auction house in most of MMOs.
Recently, there were tons of interviews regarding Guild Wars 2 on the internet, it's hard to follow all of them but you Guild Wars fans should not miss the interview taken by French gaming website Luna Atra. They have talked a lot, but the most notably content in the interview is Marketplace system for in-game trading instead of auction house in most of MMOs. Here is the quick reading version. Enjoy!
- GuildWars 2 will feature standard experience and levels system. In addition ArenaNet have raised the level cap substantially.
- Comparingto Guild Wars 1's skill system, Guild Wars 2 have a lot fewer skills, many of which are very specific to certain profession mechanics.
- There is a full Marketplace in Guild Wars 2 instead of usual MMOauction house. GW2's Marketplace supports postings from both buyers and sellers. You might put your sword up for sale, then offer 100 gold for thespecific axe you're looking for without having to find any specific seller. Themarket can display the history of average value and trends for an item, makingit easy to determine a fair value for your goods. It might be worth waiting to sell your item, depending if the price is rising or falling.
- Different categories of equipments feature different skills, forinstance, all swords allow the player to use the sameset of skills while axe players have another set. There will be a fullprogression of armor and weapons in the game to match the larger level range of Guild Wars 2, and as such therewill be some swords which are simply more powerful than others. Every kind ofarmor and weapon in the game will be upgradeable
- Competitive PvP team size has not set in stone butit will be greater than four and less than six.