Guild Wars 2 FAQ: No Companion system
Date: 05-06-2010 Views:
KeyWords: Guild Wars 2,Eric Flannum,Arenanet
- Summary: Recently Lead designer Eric Flannum from Guild Wars 2 answered nine follow up questions regarding skill system, dynamic event, and more details of this high-anticipated game.
Recently Lead designer Eric Flannum from Guild Wars 2 answered nine follow up questions regarding skill system, dynamic event, and more details of this high-anticipated game.
- Skill systems was divided into categories: character-based skills and Weapon-based skills. Though there are only 10 slots on skill bar and ArenaNet do restrict some of your choices to particular categories, players have access to 15 skills at any given time and make a minimum of 7 choices (9 at most) to determine what those skills are. So there is still a lot of choice there.
- Guild Wars is not a “Anti-social” but offers another social approach instead. You can just choose to play with the people who happen to be around you while you’re out adventuring. This is made possible through shared goals, dynamic content scaling, and more forgiving rules on loot and XP distribution.
- You must try hard to participate in a dynamic event. It’s designed to give no credit or lower credit to players who were AFK during an event or just did a fly-by, using only a few skills and moved on.
- Guild Wars 2 takes away most of the ways that other players can negatively impact your play experience. Shared goals means that “mob ownership” issues are almost non-existent. More forgiving loot and XP rules make kill-stealing a thing of the past.
- Companion system has been removed. The team focus their efforts on making the eight soloable professions that do use pets very distinctive and cool.
- Guild Wars 2 have a wide variety of non-combat activities in the game, for instance, you can slug it out in a bar brawl, test your aim in a shooting gallery, or ride the Smash ‘Em Ups at the carnival.
- Players will be unable to change professions after character creation in Guild Wars 2.
Original post on ArenaNet Official Blog: Nine GW2 Follow Up Questions with Eric Flannum