Guild Wars 2 May Allow Players to Make Custom Maps
Date: 03-12-2010 Views:
KeyWords: Guild Wars 2,Warcraft,GuildWars2Guru.com,interview,skills
- Summary: According to a recent interview with ArenaNet's Martin Kerstein, the developers of Guild Wars 2 are seriously considering enabling players to organize tournaments by themselves, but it hasn't been made clear whether they are also considering allowing players to make custom maps
It seems that Guild Wars 2 would be a big challenger to Warcraft games. Why?
Warcraft has become one of the most popular video games, for not only the game itself's wonderful RTS elements but also the powerful modding tools. The modders keep pouring endless vitality into this old game through creating various RPG or RTS maps, for instance, DOTA. Nevertheless, many players want some fresh air after years of grinding in Warcraft. What would happen if MMOs offered powerful modding tools that would allow players to make custom maps and organize tournaments? Isn't it a crazy creation?
According to a recent interview with ArenaNet's Martin Kerstein, the developers of Guild Wars 2 are seriously considering enabling players to organize tournaments by themselves, but it hasn't been made clear whether they are also considering allowing players to make custom maps (Original post at Wartower.de, translated by Desert Rose.)
Below are some tips collected from the whole interview by GuildWars2Guru.com.
- The number of skills in GW2 will be reduced because many players were crushed by the sheer number of skills and possible builds.
- The entrance into PvP is to high in GW1, they will to try to make it easier in GW2.
- In GW2 the number of PvP formats will be reduced.
- Balancing will never stop.
- There will be new content for GW1, but the definition of “content” may varies from player to player. Mainly new content will expend the story of GW1 and will build a bridge to GW2.
- There will be something special for the 5th birthday.
- HoM will be account based in GW2. One GW2 account will be abled to linked to another GW1 accont. With a special item you will be able to enter a instance of the HoM. There are no informations what the bonuses are at this point.
- They seriously consider to enable player organized tournaments. It hasn’t made clear if they also consider if players will be able to make custom maps.
- There isn’t a easy way to show who is online in the alliance guilds, so it’s very unlikely it will be implemented in GW1.
- The build system in GW2 will be similar to GW1; you can make a build out of different possibilities