WoW Cataclysm: Guild System Evolution
Date: 12-23-2009 Views:
- Summary: In Cataclysm, Blizzard will buff the guild system and endue it with more functions, including Guild Levels, Talents, Items, Currency, Achievements and so on.
The guild is an important part of any MMO's community. Nevertheless, the guild in World of Warcraft has changed little in the past five years. In comparison with the other excellent gameplay features, for instance, dungeons, raids and arena, the community system in WoW disappoints many players, especially the newbies, soloers and casual players. With the purpose of letting more people enjoy the game's new content, they added a "Dungeon Finder System" and reduced the difficulty of the raids and dungeons in the latest update, patch 3.3 Icecrown. Though it benefits many casual players, guilds are in danger of being marginalized. In Cataclysm, Blizzard will buff the guild system and give it more functions. Below is information regarding the changes from MMO-CHAMPION.COM.
More Cataclysm Information on MMOsite Cataclysm Features.
Guild Levels and Talents
Your guild can now gain experience and levels, the maximum level being 20. Your guild will gain experience through different ways :
- Playing with your guildmates and killing a raid boss or winning an arena match where more than 75% of the group is from your guild.
- Playing alone also helps your guild, leveling your character, your professions, or even your reputations will increase the level of your guild as well!
You won't be able to level fast just by recruiting a hundred of members, guild leveling is restricted and only the top 20 earners each week will increase the experience of the guild.
Each level will reward you with a guild talent point, they can be spent to make your life easier in the game and will give you bonuses and abilities such as :
- Remove reagent costs from raid buffs.
- Reduce the cost of repairs.
- Increased gold drops from monsters or players that reward experience or honor.
- Summon your entire raid to a place.
- Resurrect your entire raid after a wipe. (30 min cooldown).
- Reduce the amount of rare reagents needed for professions. (Like reducing the amount of Frozen Orbs to craft a weapon).
- Automatically transfer a % of the gold dropped by monsters and bosses to the guild bank.