Pandaren: Not in WoW but The NEW RACE in StarCraft II
Date: 11-17-2009 Views:
KeyWords: Pandaren,WoW,StarCraft II,interview
- Summary: The Escapist sat down with Production Director J. Allen Brack and Blizzard art mastermind "Samwise" Didier to chat about the way World of Warcraft's was.
When talked about why the pandas were not add into WoW, Sam, Blizzard art mastermind, explained that it just a April Fools' joke years ago but players took it seriously.
Actually, I'd done a picture of a Panda guy with his kids sitting up on a hill, and we incorporated it in an April Fools' promotion, saying that it was an announcement: Here's the new race in Warcraft III - we hadn't announced ... we were expecting people to just go "Oh yeah, it's April Fools, ha ha," but people bought into it and added legitimacy to it, and really liked it...
Does it mean Blizzard will give up this great idea? Obviously, not yet! "But there's always that dream that there'll someday be Pandaren somewhere in a Blizzard game. Maybe a new StarCraft race - what do you think?", he added. Just like don't put all eggs in one basket, Blizzard don't put all originality in one Warcraft world.
Of course they not only talked about pandaren but also microtransactions, the game's art style and so on.
- Why players didn't feel unique anymore in WLK as many of the items had unique looks in Burning Crusade?
- The story of Warcraft world is endless. "I think we have so many ideas that we want to do.", "We'll never be able to finish the story. "
- What is the best-looking zone in the game? Can you figure it out?
- What a pity that Tauren can't access to Mechanostrider and this buskin will continue in cataclysm that they will miss the Goblin's go-karts again?
"I really want one..."