Recommended MMOs in September
Date: 09-07-2009 Views:
KeyWords: Recommended,Heroes of Newerth,Aion,Torchlight,Fallen Earth,Mercenary Wars
- Summary: After stepping out of Cataclysm - the third expansion of the award-winning massively multiplayer online roleplaying game World of Warcraft and unveiling some changes and details of it, people have joined a new round of discussion...
After stepping out of Cataclysm - the third expansion of the award-winning massively multiplayer online roleplaying game World of Warcraft and unveiling some changes and details of it, people have joined a new round of discussion. Here is the new disputed point: Is WOW Killing the Next-gen MMORPGs?
- "Some players were anticipating that there would be someone to kill WOW, but on the contrary WOW was becaming a killer which shorten others' life.
- "They do it because of new better games like Aion, Guild Wars 2, Finalfantasy XIV and so on."
Yup, more and more highly competitive MMOs nowadays are inevitably produced a challenge to WOW. It's a good sign, as the word "There is competition there will be progress". Relate to Blizzard introducing Vrykul after the Hyborian of Age of Conan starting to attract people last year, we can easily to see some developers' strategies. So when we get more new MMOs, it means some old game need to be updated. And the day of losing the ground very likely is the day of the old one's leaving.
Don't worry yourselves with such questions, the most realistic thing we should do now is choose some games and relish them. Here is the recommendation of this September, have fun.
Heroes of Newerth
currently in a CLOSED testing phase
Defense of the Ancients (DotA), the popular Warcraft 3 mod now is widely used in the search for MMOs. Heroes of Newerth is one of them. As a session-based, multiplayer, Action-MMORPG, HoN must immediately catch the eye of RTS players. It is currently in a CLOSED testing phase, and will be available to the public in Q4 2009 for $30.00 (USD). MMOsite Closed Beta Key Giveaway Event ended, but if you have missed the chance and want to try it, don't worry, just let us know!
Heroes of Newerth (HoN) is a session based multiplayer action RPG game based on the popular mod, Defense of the Ancients. Two teams of 5 play as special Hero units with the assistance of AI-controlled armies in an attempt to destroy the enemy base. As a match progresses, players can earn experience and gold which can be used to upgrade skills or purchase items to make their character more powerful. The team oriented design of HoN and unprecedented Voice-Over-IP controls allow for a incredibly deep tactical team based experience unlike any other.
- Dozens of heroes and over 100 items guarantees no two games of HoN will ever be the same. With regular content updates, featuring new Heroes, Maps, and Items, the gameplay will never grow stale.
- Client/Server Architecture eliminates lag, cheats and map hacking.
- In-game VOIP for fast and easy communication with teammates.
- Reconnect support allows players to easily reconnect to games in progress if they are accidentally disconnected.
- Dynamic stats tracking, with automated ladder and matchmaking systems.
- Leaver Protection System which restricts players that have a history of leaving games early from joining.
- Unparalleled replay system means all games played on official servers have their replays automatically saved. Players can rewind, slow down, fast forward, and otherwise pinpoint the exact part of a match that they wish to view.
- Tiered server support, enabling players to filter the availability of games they host to certain types of players (new players, experienced players, and highly experienced players).
- The proprietary K2 engine delivers stunning graphics while maintaining low system specs and allows players to completely customize their interfaces and hotkeys.
- Powerful map editor and mod capabilities.
- Upon launch will be available for Win, Mac OSX, and Linux.
- Available in seven language translations: En, Fr, Es, Gr, Cn, Kr, and Ru.